Sunday, August 19, 2012

Quinoa Snack Bites

A long time between posts <insert same old excuses here> but I baked something that I want to share! I made quinoa "cookies." I saw this recipe on a blog I love and decided to test it out.  I veganized it of course and replaced the egg with a flax "egg."

Now I am just letting you know that I pretend to like quinoa but I'm not 100% there.  I like it in theory because it's good for you and it's a good grain substitute and all that stuff, but I never really enjoy eating it.  I thought maybe if it came in cookie form it might get me to the point of enjoying quinoa because I love sweets.  I used natural peanut butter (just the straight peanut stuff) and I think that if I had used a natural peanut butter with a little bit of sugar it would have been better and made it taste more like dessert.  I think my expectation that it would be a cookie was a little deceiving to my taste buds.  So I think I might rename them quinoa snack bites! They are great as a morning or afternoon snack, which is the way I am currently enjoying them.

Such a simple recipe with the great added texture of the quinoa! And pretty good for you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment